Wednesday, February 26, 2014

test test 3

“You’re so militant, chill.”
I wish I could have said that to the people who used us as slaves 
In our own land
I wish I could have said that to the people who pillaged my city
And turned me into a diaspora 
So that the smell of the soil in my land will forever be a foreign artifice 
I wish I could have said that to border control as he used profanities 
To diminish my mothers self worth in a record time of 10 seconds 
Because God knows none of us belong here 
Not even the indigenous people, apparently
So when You give me that “I’m feeling personally targeted”
or “This is not a safe space for me”
or “Why does everything have to be about race?”
Remember that I feel targeted every time I apply for a job 
And the interviewer looks at me like I am worthless
Because of the colour of my skin
Remember that this country is not a safe space for me 
Just go to Limington and give the migrant workers a little visit 
Remember that I was targeted when they forced me to unlearn my language 
And that You are nothing but a barrier 
And that You are irrelevant 
And that every single one of my lived experiences is about race
So You can fuck off now. 


-Aaliya

0 comments:

Post a Comment